my crypt is dying :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys my crypt wedetti is dying off, one of the leaves is really yellow and sad looking, I fear it won't make it :( I stink at keeping plants that aren't plastic :(

Are you still using the ammonia remover bags in your sig? Just curious.

Crypts are a bizarre plant.. But if you are getting yellow leaves, then it's time to read the sticky about deficiency's.

My Wendtt's Crypt had several yellow leaves and the whole time was shooting out baby plants from it's roots, that does not really mean yours is dying from one yellow leaf... Just pluck that leaf. What are your ferts, water parameters, lighting, etc.?

Even if you do lose all the leaves, don't disturb the roots. A few times my crypts melted all their leaves, but 2 weeks later, I saw a few little leaves coming up from the gravel.

Yellowing leaves isn't quite the same as melting leaves, though, so as the others suggested, it may be a fertilizer deficiency. Crypts are root feeders and it is beneficial to put root tabs under them. Here's a link:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=4867&N=2004+113222

Back
Top Bottom