My fist time dosing ferts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

875mill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got my shipment in from big Al's last night . Got the complete flourish line and dosed iron, k, po4, and no3. I went with the beginner instructions and was going to bring my nutrient levels up slowly till I felt a lil bit more confident about what I was doing. Well I wake up this morning turn on the light to feed my fish and my tank is a near solid white cloud. Not having time to mess with it I turned my light back off in disgust and went to work. I'm completely preoccupied all day wondering where I went wrong, and wondering what I'm going to have to do to get my parameters back in order. Well quitting time finally gets here and I roll on home to test my water. I was completely surprised when I turned my light on this time the tank was crystal clear.
Is this a normal occurence or did I temporarily have something out of wack and my tank righted itself while I was at work?
Will post my water params before and after as soon as I am done.

The only thing I can think of is dosing everything at once. You also have to be careful with the NO3...that should be added very slowly to prevent nitrate shock.

Could be a couple things: Fe will bind with PO4 to form a white percipatate, and Fe dosed into hard water typically stays cloudy for a while. Instead, dose PO4 and Fe on alternate days. It doesn't matter if you dose Fe with other stuff.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom