Need answer ASAP, bulbs for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am ordering my lights from fishneedit.com today... I am getting (2) T5HO 2ft fixtures for my 55 gallon tank. Eventually, this tank will be planted, or possibly FOWLR if I decide to go saltwater.

Which bulb combo would be best...

1 white, 1 pink

or

1 white, 1 blue

Thanks!!!

Not sure on which bulbs but that is a crap load of light for a 55 if its high output... Co2 will be required if you don't want algea to be the centerpiece.

why two 2' fixtures? Are they out of 4' fixtures?

Either way, I'd get both white 6500k... but I'd change out the bulbs to a mix of geisemann aquaflora and middays

Talvari said:
I am ordering my lights from fishneedit.com today... I am getting (2) T5HO 2ft fixtures for my 55 gallon tank. Eventually, this tank will be planted, or possibly FOWLR if I decide to go saltwater.

Which bulb combo would be best...

1 white, 1 pink

or

1 white, 1 blue

Thanks!!!

Oh those are single bulb fixtures? Not as bad as I thought. Lol

why two 2' fixtures? Are they out of 4' fixtures?

Either way, I'd get both white 6500k... but I'd change out the bulbs to a mix of geisemann aquaflora and middays

Haha, I didnt even think of just getting the one 4' fixture.. It'd sure be cheapier. Thanks for pointing that out. XD

Also.... Where do you get those two bulbs you mention?

Oh those are single bulb fixtures? Not as bad as I thought. Lol

No... They are two bulbs fixtures. And yeah, Ill probably be doing a DIY Co2 system if I go with the planted tank. Otherwise, like I said, I'd do saltwater and I heard that the t5HO are better for saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom