New Plant Shipment! Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of the pictures wont post. well, so far what I have in there now is:
Marsilea minuta (thanks Travis!) , Sag subulata ,Dwarf sag, Anubias nana ,Cryptocoryne wendtii ,Hydrocotyl leucocephala ,Cryptocoryne petchii ,Bolbitis heudelotti , Anubias Bateri.

I broke down and ordered a pc 2x13 bright light kit from ahsupply. (forgot to order the bulbs though...doh!) And I hooked up my C02 injector.
I know my tank looks like crap right now, but hopefully when it starts to grow out it will look alot better. Right now my levels are Ph:7.2, KH 40, GH 150. So according to the Co2 calculator my CO2 level is 4. I'll have to remeasure it again when my infuser starts bubbling. The instructions said about 24 hours, so I'll just have to keep watching.
Any suggestions, comments would be appreciated!

Looking nice!
Don't know about CO2, but I want to see what it does to the plants and how fast they grow! Would be cool if you could make a before and after picture with a couple of weeks interval :D

Nice plants, looks like your supplier gave you good specimens.

A little constructive criticism, hope you don't mind. :oops:

In looking at tanknew4.jpg, the crypt in the lower right with darker leaves, appears to be planted too deeply in the substrate. It should be planted so that the "crown" (where the leaves sprout from), is just above the substrate. If the crown is buried, it can rot and kill the plant. Also, suggestion for your Anubias and Bolbitis plants. Purchase some brown or black 100% Cotton thread. Use that to tie the plants to the driftwood, it'll look much better than whatever you are using now (shoelaces, rope?). It'll also disintegrate over time, well after your plants have taken hold on their own, so you tie the plants down once and forget about it.

Again, really nice plants, once they settle in and get established, your tank will look great!

No I don't mind any constructive criticism, I welcome it!!! I am flying almost blind with this sort of tank.
Regarding the crypt, I was having a hard time keeping it down, it kept floating up. I'll see if I can get it pulled up just enough, or maybe weigh it down somehow? (Thanks for the tip!)
No doubt black thread would look better, but I just wanted to get them planted and used butchers thread. :lol: I'll see if I can find something more aesthetically pleasing.
As for the CO2, I wasn't going to put it in at first, but I decided what the heck and installed it. One of my crypts has already had 2 leaves grow about 2 inches! Don't know if its cuz of the co2 because it hasn't really started bubbling to much yet, but I won't argue with it!
I'll be sure to get some before and after shots, and post them.

Back
Top Bottom