newbie - bought used tank w/livestock, need help and advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandiegofishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this is my first planted tank, and i will lay everything out here and ask for guidance/advice/help. I have a few questions throughout, so bear with me.

UhfdrDS.jpg

I bought a used tank for $200, a Fluval Vicenza 180 (40 gallons), fluval 405 and eheim 2215 filter, finnex fugeray 36" light, 2 paintball co2 bottles, green leaf aquariums regulator/bubble counter/diffuser. It was full of plants and livestock, but i've changed most of the plants to what i like. The picture above is current. The livestock is: 2 german blue rams, 2 apistogramma (not sure what kind), 5 neons, and 4 black neons. The mini clown loach looking fish died shortly after moving tank.

I want to change the stock this tank a bit though, i feel like its a bit one dimensional (no corys or loaches), but not sure what I can do. I am taking the 4 black neons back to the store for sure because i don't love them. I am going to get 2 siamese algae eaters to help with a little hair algae i'm seeing on the amazon swords. What advice does anybody have towards stocking?

I am dosing PPS pro from green leaf aquarium (he already had it mixed) and lighting 9 hours a day (just turned up from 7 hrs).

First off, what kind of apistrogramma are these? There is another browner one than in this pic but same species, not sure which after research.

Ljqqfxz.jpg

82c8cjm.jpg

Second off, is this just brown algae on the leafs of this amazon sword and anubias? How do I get rid of it?

3qQvM9o.jpg

4j0uAu6.jpg

This is only my first planted tank, I am setting up a 29g planted as well right now with a ray2, co2, the works. Also have a 55g almost cycled for Mbuna.

Please help and give advice, comments towards my questions, sorry for the long post.

Back
Top Bottom