Non-Aquatic Plant Rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I bought this one a couple of months ago, thinking it would be cool to have some white in my tank... Soon after learned that it was dying because it is not supposed to be fully submerged... For the last 4-6 weeks I have had it in a small pill bottle with water, out in the patio... It is finally growing some new leaves are starting to look happier.

DSC07454.JPG

Anyone one else been able to save their non-aquatics... ?

Very impressive. That's not a bad idea you have, giving non-aquatics another chance to provide a bit of beauty.

My wife tried to do this with a green hedge, alas it was not to be.

I did this with some sort of lily. It's surviving, but not growing much. I don't have much of a dry thumb. But yours is very pretty :)

Just saw more of these at another LFS today in an advanced stage of slow rot... Chances are good you will see someone trying to sell these in a fish store near you :(

The worst thing is my LFS sells a lot of them, almost half their stock and they willingly tell people that they are not aquatic but people buy them anyway. I guess they are happy to put it in the tank, let it be until it rots away and then replace it.

Back
Top Bottom