Not a newb, but I am seeking help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creno9210

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! My name is Courtney! I've got a 29 gallon freshwater set up. No live plants (yet).

I was hoping to get advice and info on some plants I could add to my tank. Regular light, low tech everything, and sand as substrate. I have some pea size gravel in the back of my tank mixed with the sand.
I've tried java moss. It died. Not interested in that Again.

I have 5 female platys
One balloon Molly (her mate died)
One dwarf gourami.

Let me know whatcha think I can get away with!!!! Thanks!!!

What light do you have exactly? Led, wattage, t5, compact, etc. for java moss to die, the light may be too low in your tank for anything to survive.

Hmmmm java moss usually grows ok at even low light. I agree - more info!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I just bought a new hood.
It doesn't have any wattage information on it. It's a fluorescent bulb. It says-
marine land natural daylight 24" f18t8ndl...

I just got gone and put an amazon sword in my tank. Wondering what wattage that bulb is and what one I need!

I tried the java moss. Just it everywhere made a mess and died.

Well I just bought a new hood.
It doesn't have any wattage information on it. It's a fluorescent bulb. It says-
marine land natural daylight 24" f18t8ndl...

I just got gone and put an amazon sword in my tank. Wondering what wattage that bulb is and what one I need!

Go back to the pet store and ask them what bulbs to fit and buy them there. You will need a glass cover to protect your new light hood.

I'm guessing it will be a T8 hood which is very very low light. If you are patient, go online and check out a T5 hood or LED. I use current LED strip lighting which is water resistant:

True Lumen Pro LED Strip Lights - 8,000K Sun White Aquarium LED Light Fixtures

It will give enough light for low light plants.

The hood is complete. I just want to buy a bulb that is right for growing plants.
Like, how many watts for a 30 gallon.

Also... I just put the whole plant right on in the tank and buried it best I could.
Does this look right?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393194004.335011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom