Online Aquarium Plant Stores W/ Quality + Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-Aqua

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I have searched high and low for flame moss / fissidens / willow moss around my local Aquarium store and found nothing. Seems like I can only get the plants that I want from a online vendor. What quality Online stores carry plants that are quality and in good condition on arrival?

Also I am unsure how much I need to purchase? I only want to cover a rock which is about 6in L X 2in W and one peice of driftwood that is 12in L X 4in W My plan is putting flame moss on the rock since its in the front in in the middle and the fissidens on the driftwood. How much do you think (estimate) I should purchase. I already have all the materials to attach the plants. Its a green 6lb fishline. I'll have to snip the line when the plants attach which is fine and not a problem.

Let me know, and thank you for you replies in advance!
J

Personally I'd recommend posting in the Barter Trade Forum. Especially the Flame Moss and Fissidens Moss are mostly being traded among hobbiests, and not really all that available from the stores yet. You really don't need to buy a lot either. In the right conditions they'll spread quickly and you'll have more than enough to cover the rocks and driftwood.

Purrbox said:
Personally I'd recommend posting in the Barter Trade Forum. Especially the Flame Moss and Fissidens Moss are mostly being traded among hobbiests, and not really all that available from the stores yet. You really don't need to buy a lot either. In the right conditions they'll spread quickly and you'll have more than enough to cover the rocks and driftwood.

Sounds great, thanks for the advice purrbox!

J

newfound77951 said:
I second aquabid, especially the seller Lowcoaster. he is awesome!

Definitely! You can contact Charley (aka Lowcoaster) at beadgc@nyc.rr.com for a price list of his stock. The prices you see on AquaBid are his everyday prices so don't think you have buy them at auction to get them. He has a very extensive inventory of hard-to-find plants and is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks for all the replies. I purchased from aquamagic 3 portions of Fissidens Fontanus :p I purchased it yesterday and it was shipped out early this morning and on its way!

J

A fourth for Charlie.

Can't beat the monthly email list of new plants either. Just in case you did not realize you needed more plants :)

Back
Top Bottom