Pet store planted driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emily233

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! So, I was just at my local pet store picking up some things and happened to notice while browsing the plants that there was some already waterlogged, planted driftwood for sale. So naturally, I impulse bought, because I've been wanting driftwood for a while but was putting it off bc it can take a while to leech the tannins out and water log it and all that. I was wondering what people think about pet store driftwood? How can I clean it/prepare it for introduction, and what should I be looking out for? Thank you!

Hi! So, I was just at my local pet store picking up some things and happened to notice while browsing the plants that there was some already waterlogged, planted driftwood for sale. So naturally, I impulse bought, because I've been wanting driftwood for a while but was putting it off bc it can take a while to leech the tannins out and water log it and all that. I was wondering what people think about pet store driftwood? How can I clean it/prepare it for introduction, and what should I be looking out for? Thank you!

Just chuck it in should be fine ;) you can boil it if u want but if it has a plant on it then it will die.

I wouldn't be too worried to be honest anything that grows will get eaten

The only thing I've ever carried over from my LFS on plants or driftwood was feeder snails. My yoyo loaches cleared my tank in 2 days though ;)

Thanks for your help, guys! I put the driftwood in today, already a hit with my little guy :)

Attachments

• IMG_9946.jpg
    IMG_9946.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom