Plant iD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrueEnvy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I wen to a local arrogation ditch and grab some of this plant for my fish tank. Can I get a id on it? And well it be safe for my fish and how would I de-arrogation dich it lol. Also... This plant was going with the flow of the water and came is strands. I have some pictures take a look and give me your best guess...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400378677.740863.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400378696.476071.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400378714.653803.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400378732.511302.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400378751.562568.jpg

I live in Washington State if that helps.... I went looking for duckweed but there was none

Looks a lot like moneywort without the strong stem segments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After looking at some pictures I think it is marts Carlo! And how would you guys recomened me to clean the plants? Jest in case there was anything on them from the ditch

One of the more popular methods is to use hydrogen peroxide. This should kill any hitchhikers. I believe you can use it straight out of the bottle, however, I do not have the specifics on how much to use and for how long. For instance, you can place a portion of the plants in a large clear plastic zip lock bag, add enough peroxide to cover the plants, let sit for X minutes, remove and either rinse or no rinse (cannot recall) with fresh tap water.
At minimum, a rinse with a small steady stream of fresh tap water should remove most of the hitch hikers and allow for close visual inspection. Best of luck.

You don't have to rinse the h2o2 off. I usually rinse each stem separately, getting all the dirt off, then put it in h2o2 in a bowl big enough to fit the plant, and straight into the soil. Just enough h2o2 to cover all of its surfaces.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom