Plant Locations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im still thinking out my whole planted aquarium and i haven't seen much on this. I have a 10gal with AQ 150/30 HOB and it puts out a moderate flow in my forefront left corner will planting there be more advisable or less desirable due to the increased water flow? I haven't read much on certain plants needing more or less waterflow than others

I know the flow is adjustable on my filter however even when lowered it still produces a "strong" current in that area

Taller, thinner-leaved plants do best in current but most will do well regardless. Rather than worrying about current in your aquascape you should consider placement. Tall(er) plants to the back and sides. Try to use plants with the thinner/smaller leaves toward the back. They will help give viewers a sense of depth and scale. As the plants come toward the front of the tank begin using larger leaved and shorter plants. Short plants will not obscure the big plants behind them. Also consider sloping the substrate, lower in front and gradually climbing toward the back. This also helps provide a sense of depth.

I've seen pictures of well-done 10-20G tanks that I could have sworn were at least 40-60 gallons. It all depends on your choice of plants (and that isn't a problem here at AA, just ask some of the people around here and we will be happy to send you some), and their placement :)

ok i was just wondering if i had to do anything specific with the one area of the tank by my filter sense it just gets so much more flow than the rest. as for layout i'd follow your advise if i was doing a "standard" setup but im going to try a dualview style. my tank sits between the kitchen and my dining room(now pc room) so im planing a dense center of aquarium acting as a line of symmetry if that makes any sense once my driftwood arrives and my ich problem is done i'll start the planting/dosing/co2ing and put up pics but for now theres simply gravel a feeder fish with ich and one micro sword that isnt doing to well

Back
Top Bottom