Planted 40 breeder log (56K no no)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And some plant pics:
2542490689_7eb33fbb36.jpg

Rotala wallichi

2543316436_3069192490.jpg

Ludwigia arcuata

Hey Great Looking Tank!!!
The plants and scape are gorgeous. I've been looking around at tanks and I know many people like the 40 breeders and after seeing yours I think I'm sold on it for my new/next tank. I doubt it will compare to yours but I think it will be a great size for me.

I would love to see more pics!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

40g breeders are great sizes. I can't say that enough!

I'll have to spruce it up a bit and take more pics. I've neglected it lately due to being busy with work. :)

Update pic. :) The tank isn't as clean looking as I wish it was, but its an ok pic.

2854302837_e0c0fd67cf_b.jpg

I've made some changes since the last pic, plant wise. :)

Thanks!

It doesn't take too much work. I trim the plants probably every 2 weeks and do water changes weekly. I dose ferts daily (or try to) but that takes like a minute for all the tanks...if that much.

The tank is getting a bit overgrown now and I'm thinking about rescaping it in the future.

Here is the latest pic of the tank:

2976980656_8dac8e13ba_b.jpg

I added 14 more Embers (to make a total of 22 :O) and I love seeing them school all together.

Fish pics:

2972662159_29f28c157d_b.jpg

Rummynose tetra

2963286054_e42d8187b8.jpg

Apisto macmasteri juvie :)

hey i just want to add to the wood, that you can get it from manzanita.com 30 for 12 pieces plus shipping (40.38 for me)

You're totally giving Travis, Glenc, and ingg competition for best tank on AA :)

Kristin, your delicate touch and keen sense have made this one of the most beautiful tanks I've seen. It gives a beautiful calming feeling just looking at the pics. In person I'm sure it's stunning.
That is some world class stuff you are creating.:)

Hey czcz, she smokes my butt!

Last edited:
Haha....thanks guys! Nah, I don't think my tank is better than Glenc's. His is pretty spectacular. :)

I need to do some rearranging in the tank....or some plant replacing. I have some fast growers that are growing way too fast for my taste. :D Might be time for a rescape in the future.

Thanks for the comments czcz and Glenc!

New pic! I rescaped the tank a couple weeks or so ago. I'm still waiting for some plants to grow in, so please excuse the tall Cabomba stem. :D It's distracting, but it won't be staying there.

Added some new plants, the Rotala verticillaris. :)

I'll be trimming the Rotala, Cabomba, and the Lobelia soon to shape the tank up some. If I could only get my HC to grow then I'd have the foreground looking better.

3131458122_e122ba25c1.jpg

your tank is sooooo beautiful! :D

I CANT IGNORE THE CABOMBA!!!!

your wonderful tanks always bring fresh ideas to mind!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Your tanks are lovely. I think the stray Cabomba makes that moment for your tank. Its such a pretty moment.

Bigger and more pics!!

If I could only get my HC to grow then I'd have the foreground looking better.

3131458122_e122ba25c1.jpg

That's a very beautiful aquarium you've got there!

I share your HC pain. I've used it only twice, and each time more than 1/2 of it died back before it settled in. After about 3 weeks it adjusted to its new environment and stopped its death spiral. In my first tank it really started to grow beautifully after about a 2 month period of time, and now - several months out - it is quite lovely. In my 2nd tank it has just about stabilized, so I expect it will start to grow any time now.

I was going to avoid stem plants like Cabomba and Rotalia because I'm lazy and don't like to do a lot of trimming. But seeing how beautiful it looks in your aquarium has caused me to rethink my aquascape.

Back
Top Bottom