Planted aquascape.....but what fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BristlenoseBoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have a 250 litre tall aquarium, it's about 36" by 24" by 24" tall. I am aquascaping it with many different plants and mosses, I was going to put in my 8cm red tail shark, 2x7cm clown loaches, 2x6cm Siamese algae eaters and a pair of peppermint Bristlenose, but what other fish could I put in there that won't eat the plants? I was looking for something on the rarer side, but might be able to breed in the long run, any suggestions? I am not a beginner, I have 4 other aquariums and breed Bristlenose and swordtails, so I wanted to try something a bit harder. I have ordered about $150 worth of plants and mosses and have lots of rocks and wood that I'll put in.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Any dwarf American cichlids, angels, and a larger more semi aggressive school of tetras maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Serpaes, black widows, Colombian, buenos aires are a few semi aggressive tetras. Also you could do a school of Congo tetras those guys are a decent size and look bloody amazing. I want a bigger tank (biggest is 90L) just for a School of them.

You could do any school of tetras I'm just saying semi aggressive ones because they won't be afraid to throw their weight around if they get picked on and I prefer their size and shape/colors over smaller tetras.

Generally pretty hard from what I've read but they're so cool. A school of 6-9 would look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom