Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greetings.

if you post a picture of the plant, and tank specifications it will be possible to say what the plant is missing.

greetings.

if you post a picture of the plant, and tank specifications it will be possible to say what the plant is missing.

what light do you have? what size is the tank? are you using fertilizers, if so, what?

Is the light a full spectrum daylight? Can't tell from the pic. For fertilizer you can use Seachem Flourush comprehensive and I'd add a root tab under the plant. It looks like you have some algae issues. How long do you have the lights on each day?

Swords are heavy root feeders and need good root tab fertilizers placed in the substrate by them. Also what type of fish and snails do you have in the tank?

Is the light a full spectrum daylight? Can't tell from the pic. For fertilizer you can use Seachem Flourush comprehensive and I'd add a root tab under the plant. It looks like you have some algae issues. How long do you have the lights on each day?

Not sure and I have the lights on at about 7 in the morning to about 8 at night

I have two Cory's and two rummynose tetras no snails

You only need lights on about 8 hours and this will help with the algae issues. Just wondering if you have any plant eating fish or snails so since you obviously don't I'd say add the root tabs and cut your light down to 8 hours and see if you get any improvement. Also be sure to cut off any leaves that are obviously dying. Don't worry if there is only a couple leaves left as swords are wonderful about sending out new leaves once the problem is fixed.

You only need lights on about 8 hours and this will help with the algae issues. Just wondering if you have any plant eating fish or snails so since you obviously don't I'd say add the root tabs and cut your light down to 8 hours and see if you get any improvement. Also be sure to cut off any leaves that are obviously dying. Don't worry if there is only a couple leaves left as swords are wonderful about sending out new leaves once the problem is fixed.

Alright than you I don't know much about plant care

Back
Top Bottom