Please ID this silvery plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rasbora

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just bought this plant. It has a silvery new leaves at the top. When I saw in LFS, the silvery parts was releasing oxygen bulbs (I forgot the term for this).

Attachments

• image-808770356.jpg
    image-808770356.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1733296119.jpg
    image-1733296119.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3204537948.jpg
    image-3204537948.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2160863694.jpg
    image-2160863694.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 59
Plant ID

Hello ras...

It looks like "Parrot feather". If you're interested in the scientific name, it's Myriophyllum aquaticum.

I'm no plant authority, but this one gets tall, over a foot, so needs to be planted in the background.

My plants do best with large and frequent water changes. I change a minimum of half the water in my tanks every 6 to 7 days. The constant flow of pure, treated water keeps a high level of minerals in the water the plants and fish need for good health.

The oxygen released in the little bubbles is called "Pearling". It means the plant is getting the correct amount of light.

Nice plant!

B

BBradbury said:
Hello ras...

It looks like "Parrot feather". If you're interested in the scientific name, it's Myriophyllum aquaticum.

I'm no plant authority, but this one gets tall, over a foot, so needs to be planted in the background.

My plants do best with large and frequent water changes. I change a minimum of half the water in my tanks every 6 to 7 days. The constant flow of pure, treated water keeps a high level of minerals in the water the plants and fish need for good health.

The oxygen released in the little bubbles is called "Pearling". It means the plant is getting the correct amount of light.

Nice plant!

B

Thank you for your information. I'll google to find details of this plant. By the way, does it have to be specific plant to be pearling ? Eventough I dose CO2, flourish, root tab and giving photosynthesis specific spectrum light, I have not get any pearling in my tank, but my plant grows quite fast after dosing those.

Back
Top Bottom