Pond plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
So how do you actually plant these? I don't even know what the bottom of the pond is like. If there is nothing to plant the roots in to do you hold them in baskets or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Compartment planters. I just started my first pond, so im newer as well. Its abt 175gal insert i habe on my porch with landscaping stone to encase it with the wall. I have nothing on the bottom. I plant in submersible planters. This is great for many reasons. You can move them easy. plant different nutrient needs plants and fert those planters individually. You can rescape with growth easier. Just overall seems like a good system. Just my newbie to ponds 2 cents. Hope it helps. Happy tanking!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Compartment planters. I just started my first pond, so im newer as well. Its abt 175gal insert i habe on my porch with landscaping stone to encase it with the wall. I have nothing on the bottom. I plant in submersible planters. This is great for many reasons. You can move them easy. plant different nutrient needs plants and fert those planters individually. You can rescape with growth easier. Just overall seems like a good system. Just my newbie to ponds 2 cents. Hope it helps. Happy tanking!

This sounds like a good idea thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No problem. Good luck and happy ponding.

Back
Top Bottom