PPS-Pro is here!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used these instructions:
Our PPS-Pro Fertilizer Pack … Just Mix & Dose | Planted Aquarium Blog – Green Leaf Aquariums
Just increase/decrease based on the size containers you're using.

Also - you may want to check your nitrates, and if they're plentiful already, then don't add them (or add them at a lower than recommended level). Rivercats recommends putting them in a separate container so you can independently control them (test weekly).

Same thing for the MgSO4 - if your water is already hard enough, no need for these at all.

OH! Remember to use distilled or RO water. I even store mine in a dark place so that nothing grows in them.

Nope I didn't add either one of those to the mix. And I mixed with RO. Good idea storing in the dark I will keep it with my glut!

Just keep in mind that you do want 10-30 ppm nitrates. So keep an eye on your tank week to week. You do want to add them if they're not adequate in your water, or your plants will be adversely affected. :)

You need 3 dosing bottles and the recipe amounts are in the link below.

This is a good thread about dosing PPS-Pro. Only read the opening post not all the comments after it.... http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/pps-analysis-feedback/39491-newbie-guide-pps-pro.html.

There are two things I do different from the article. First I use 3 dosing bottles as I split the macro nutrients for better custom dosing to the needs of the tank. Nitrates in one bottle, phosphates and potassium in one bottle, and micro's in the 3rd bottle. The other thing you'll notice the recipe calls for using MgSO4, magnesium sulfate, which you don't need if you have hard tap water with a Gh and Kh of 4 or higher

In a planted tank you want 10-20ppm nitrates and 1-3ppm phosphates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom