Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
My red cherry shrimp are breeding like crazy is there something I can do to stop this I wanted a few shrimp I don't want them to take over the tank

I would seriously just let them take over the tank and then sell a bunch every few months. You can sell them for $1 a piece fairly easily.

I need to know what you're doing to cause this wonderful problem!! I have had zero luck breeding RCS- even in a species only tank! :banghead:
Can you provide a little info on your tank??

Lol. Agreed, you can send some my way :)
Honestly, if you are not interested in bredding and selling, look into a fish that will eat them, but I think you would have no trouble selling rcs.

Well I guess I'll sell them to you guy the pet store won't buy them so ill hook you guy up when they get little bigger ill keep up posted

And as far as the shrimp orgy goes I don't know how much help ill be I'm new to this my aquarium is only 8 weeks old its my first one but I'll do what I can to help. It's a 55 gallon planted and has rock and driftwood lots of places to hide the little ones are hiding in the dwarf hair grass and every week I have to save one or two from the canister filter. I change my water every week pH 6.80-7.0 at 80F any other question ask

What I read online as long as you have a male and female they should be breeding but are getting eaten by fish or sucked up in the filter. Once the female sheds her skin she lets off something in the water that makes the males go crazy I mean they'll be all over the tank looking for her. She will be in hiding the whole time after a few weeks you'll see yellow eggs under her belly ps the females are a lot darker red then the males the males almost look like glass shrimp

I have no idea when there big enough let's say 10 for $10 is that ok

Really don't want to sell them because if they die ill feel bad so if anyone wants some you pay shipping ill send you some just let me know how many

Really don't want to sell them because if they die ill feel bad so if anyone wants some you pay shipping ill send you some just let me know how many

Ill feel bad if i take them for free XD some shippers with shrimp throw in some extras. But ill pay the $10 for 10 if you want. I cant rught now cuz im getting in some festae but whenever you have a bunch let me know!

Back
Top Bottom