Replacement For Micro Sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have micro sword in my tank and am looking to replace it with something that grows in lower light conditions. My tank is currently at 1.3 watts per gallon. I would love to keep the plant since I like that it resembles grass. Is there a good substitute or would I just be better off looking for a stronger light? If that is the case can you recommend a light that will be powerful enough for a 30 gallon tank?

C. Parva? It's the first thing that comes to mind. S. Subulata will work as well.

If you're looking for stronger lighting I'd get some shop lights at the home depot or retrofit a hood with some CFLs

I tried mirco swords a couple of times, and it never grew very well. I recently got pygmy chain swords, and while they are a bit bigger, and thicker, they've been spreading like crazy.
something to maybe look into

I do like those but they aren't quite the look im going for. Im thinking about making an led light but im not sure if I want to spend the money. Oh well. Thanks anyways.

Back
Top Bottom