riccia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how come noone told me riccia was a PAIN IN THE BUTT!
makes me want to push my fingers into my eyes.
it sticks to everything!

I got one little piece in a group of plants and it just grew on the output of my filter into a nice mat it got so big I had to do something else with it. I super glued mine to a rock and now I am going to have to trim it.

Mine gets all stuck in my lovely crested java ferns. Gaaah! They're so beautiful but they collect so much debris! I want Discus but they're a pain in the butt (the ferns that is). I'm slowly switching from riccia to duckweed. It will never ever ever root to anything.

Never asked me either....haha. I would have told you straight up about that stuff. :) Its really pretty to look at, but a pain in the butt. :) Makes a mess!

Mine gets all stuck in my lovely crested java ferns. Gaaah! They're so beautiful but they collect so much debris! I want Discus but they're a pain in the butt (the ferns that is). I'm slowly switching from riccia to duckweed. It will never ever ever root to anything.

Duckweed is no different than riccia IMO, but I think riccia doesn't look quite so bad in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom