RIP Takashi Amano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ADA has set the benchmark in the aquascaping hobby as far as products go. Where would this hobby be with out Amano, he will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

RIP Mr. Amano.. This is indeed sad news as his work and aquarium goods has been a big influence in my engagement with this hobby. :(

Oliver Knott posted this photo of Takashi Amano surveying hardscape options at Amano's personal warehouse. Everyone loves seeing the completed works (i.e. tank fully planted and mature) but the thing I like about this picture is that it really captures Amano's emphasis on one of the most important things about setting up a cube garden: the process. Every part of the process is significant and should carry the same attention to detail. Collecting hardscape, going out and observing nature for inspiration, planting, fauna selection, and so forth all culminate equally and organically in the final product, which as we know is never really finished.

11824976_1018394518205811_4201218501596318749_n.jpg

Oliver Knott posted this photo of Takashi Amano surveying hardscape options at Amano's personal warehouse. Everyone loves seeing the completed works (i.e. tank fully planted and mature) but the thing I like about this picture is that it really captures Amano's emphasis on one of the most important things about setting up a cube garden: the process. Every part of the process is significant and should carry the same attention to detail. Collecting hardscape, going out and observing nature for inspiration, planting, fauna selection, and so forth all culminate equally and organically in the final product, which as we know is never really finished.

11824976_1018394518205811_4201218501596318749_n.jpg

Saw a few of these on OK's Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know Amano wrote several books. Can anyone recommend which ones are best? I'd like to take the chance to read them at some point and so would my wife (who is much more creative and artsy than I).

He will always be remembered by us, the hobbyists. Also because he has a shrimp named after him.

Back
Top Bottom