Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacyz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone make there own Root tabs? Or where's good place to get some?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been trying to research some just not sure

Sorry, bad link: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/diy-root-tabs-question-298438-2.html I would contact Mebbid on this.
Somewhat off topic: If you prefer already prepared root tabs but hate the high price, try Aqua Fertz Root Tabs from AquariumPlants.com. They are 75 tabs for about $10. They come in different blends including Total, Phosphate, and Iron. I have been using them for over a year with good results.

Do u have fish in the tank you use the root tabs in?

A few (4 longfin blue danios and 4 gold tetras plus 1 Amano shrimp).
The Aqua Fertz root pellets fit nicely into the pellet injector also from AquariumPlants. It is simple yet handy tool that allows you to place the pellets into the substrate without getting your hands wet or disrupting the substrate and layout.

My ears are burning :) I've been using those root tabs for about 8 months or so in a very heavily stocked tank. No noticeable issues other than my amazon sword got too large.

Which root tabs mebbid?

All, Here in Australia, and I am sure that the same will apply to other countries,we have a product called Osmocote - that are used for ponds and planted ponts, for their ferts, I have been using these as root tabs in my home tank for years and they last for over 6 months. Nice and easy and not expensive - and they work well. Here is a link - Osmocote® Plus Trace Elements - Water Gardens & Aquatic Plants | Scotts Australia

That's where I got the idea from, but could not be bothered with the making it yourself - pills.. So I bought the ready made bells - last me years

Back
Top Bottom