Root tabs safe with shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm planning on buying some Seachem Flourish root tabs for my 20g planted tank. However, I have 3 red cherry shrimp in the tank and am wondering if the root tabs are safe to use with them. The root tabs do contain very small trace amounts of copper which I know is harmful to inverts. FYI, I'm also using Seachem Flourish excel which is apparently safe for inverts according to the back label :D If anybody is currently using root tabs with shrimp or you know anything about this topic please let me know!

Thanks,
Sam

I've used root tabs (different brands) with shrimp and have had no issues. Just be sure to bury them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mostly I've had no issues but I have found too many tabs can give an ammonia bump. Depends what sort you get I guess.

I have I think 10 root tabs on a 40gal breeder and they were made by a member. As long as you don't dump the entire bag on the surface of the gravel you should be fine. My cherry shrimp is loving live right now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I use osmocote plus and dont have issues with fish or shrimp amd theyre cheaper than seachem. Both work great tho.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom