Scored a new light for cheap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRagg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been looking at upgrading my lighting on my 10g for a while. I know I know, how can I have been wanting to do that for a while when the tank is less than 3 months old. The answer is simple. I have the attention span of a small child. That and I've never really liked the color of the 6500k bulbs I have now.

I've looked for refurbished current-usa fixtures, but the site that seems to carry them is usually out of stock. I've also kept an eye on ebay since they seem to pop up on there sometimes.

Well the other day a dual satellite fixture showed up for $35 bid and $75 buyout. It was all I could do not to buy it. And I'm glad I didn't. Two days later an orbit fixture showed up for $60 buyout (retail price is $169).

Needless to say I will have a super high light fixture (40W dual daylight/40W dual actinic) over my tank in another couple of weeks.

Then I'll get to deal with the upkeep of a high light tank. Hopefully I don't end up with a tank full of algae.

Back
Top Bottom