Setting up the Rena XP3, intake/outake for the CO2 Reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atl300zx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up my Rena XP3 tonite and was wondering if i should hook my external CO2 reactor up on the intake into the filter or the outtake from the filter? I was thinking the outtake would be better b/c every couple months i have to clean my reactor to rid it of the build up on the bio balls. Currently i am running it with a powerhead as a pump.

TIA,

Jimmy

I run mine on the intake. THe original thought there was that if any bubbles got through, the impeller would chop them up. However, now that I have my reactor, I see that bubbles never make it all the way through it, so I doubt it would matter honestly. But, since the pump is working to push the water up against gravity, I suspect there's potential for even more impact to the flow rate of the canister if you put it on the exhaust of the canister.

I also had the same question and just stuck it on the out flow of a Rena XP3--no problem- adequate flow. Maybe on the intake is better but for now I cut all the lines for outflow setup.
Next time around maybe I'll try intake. :)

Both will work. It's just a matter of deciding which way works best for you and your filter. If it's on the Intake it's going to need to be cleaned more often, but if it's on the Output it will slow down the return flow.

So i opened my XP3 and it was missing a bunch of parts (the whole accessory pack including intake and outtake gear and some of the chemicals). Petsmart is sending me a whole other one and they told me just to send the canister and pump back and that i could keep the various mechanical filters and the Bio-zorb that was included. I cant complain much though, b/c i got it for $78 shipped.

They have a deal now, free shipping on orders over $50. The XP3 is usually $105, then there is a $30 coupon for the XP3 available on the internet to use at Petsmart ($15 off the XP1, XP2, $30 off XP3, XP4).

I just went to the link for the coupon and it looks like they pulled the deal early. It was supposed to be thru 5/25

Atl300zx said:
I just went to the link for the coupon and it looks like they pulled the deal early. It was supposed to be thru 5/25

It was missing a week ago. The code is xp3/xp4
worked for me last week

Electrobes said:
That's a shame.. it doesn't work anymore.. oh well

It still works. It expires tomorrow.

I just tried it on their site and it gave me the discount.

Back
Top Bottom