Snails!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluerose

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK... so... what's up with snails?

I know I have one MTS in my tank- he's pretty small but not a baby snail. He's sort of entertaining and we like him- he's pretty.

Now I am seeing two more snail like objects (that are TINY) on one plant leaf... and one leetle snail crawling around in the substrate!!!

I am really worried I may have a plant-eating snail: some of my plants look ratty here and there and the just-spotted snail has a round shell and is bluish in color (but clear if you look at it the right direction...)

My main concern with planted tanks was snails- oh noes. I got snails. (From a small independent fish store with good quality stock and no snails in their plant tanks from what I could see...)

What should I do? I don't want to kill the snails... but I would rather they not take up residence (or only very minimal residence... like Mr. Snailio, the MTS...)

Don't over feed and it shouldn't be an issue. Snails are a great gage on whether or not you are feeding too much.

Back
Top Bottom