Substrate help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishywishy333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planning on getting live plants for my new 120 litre aquarium and I'm not sure what would be the best for plant substrate. I was going to get the Tetra Plant Complete Substrate and have play sand on top since play-sand is cheap.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this, if you would recommend a different fertiliser please let me know. Also any thoughts on the play-sand would also be very helpful.

Please help if you can and thanks in advance! :thanks::thanks::thanks::)

Rather than play sand, consider using pool filter sand. It is usually a bit cleaner and doesn't contain any of the organic stuff that play sand has been known to have in it.

I haven't ever used Tetra Plant Complete. I have used eco complete and aquasoil - both of which are beneficial.

Rather than play sand, consider using pool filter sand. It is usually a bit cleaner and doesn't contain any of the organic stuff that play sand has been known to have in it.

I haven't ever used Tetra Plant Complete. I have used eco complete and aquasoil - both of which are beneficial.

Thanks for the help, I'll look up about all of them! :thanks::):D

No. I think it would be too high in nitrogenous waste. Great for plants. Bad for fish.

What is the grain size of the Tetra product? If it is coarser than the sand the sand will migrate to the bottom.

If you want sand, you should get some organic potting mix, and put sand on top. Flourite and Flora-Max are both good plant substrates.

Back
Top Bottom