Topfin tube plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

g_fish_jose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The other day I bought some anubias and java fern from Petsmart that came in tubes with gel on the bottom.
I know a lot of these plants are not actually aquatic plant but I know that these are.
I put them in my main tank not thinking to quarantine them the same way I do with any fish.
I figured since the plants came in a tube and obviously have not been in an aquarium for quite some time that it would be okay.
Does anybody have any experience with this?

The other day I bought some anubias and java fern from Petsmart that came in tubes with gel on the bottom.
I know a lot of these plants are not actually aquatic plant but I know that these are.
I put them in my main tank not thinking to quarantine them the same way I do with any fish.
I figured since the plants came in a tube and obviously have not been in an aquarium for quite some time that it would be okay.
Does anybody have any experience with this?

I use them and they are great. Pest free too. You will be okay. That gel in the bottom is gel water. Just make sure there is non when it enters the tank but they are safe and I'd use them any day

Thanks!
I've had some bad experiences with their fish and bought these on an impulse!

I've had great experiences with these plants. Rinse gel off, as previously explained, and plant.

Yeah petsmart is a surprisingly good source for some aquatic plants. They even expanded their selection with tissue culture varieties as well. I also like that they have fish guarantees. However, I still try to spread my purchases to Mom & Pops' LFS's, fellow hobbyists, and the chain stores.

Unfortunately my local petsmart has numerous tanks with visible disease.
I was wondering about the tissue culture plants too but the ones that were at my local place all had dates at least 4 weeks old. I wasn't sure how long they last.

Unfortunately my local petsmart has numerous tanks with visible disease.
I was wondering about the tissue culture plants too but the ones that were at my local place all had dates at least 4 weeks old. I wasn't sure how long they last.

In the little bags not long. Look for the nice green ones

I buy those tubed plants all the time and no issues. I just hate how sometimes they are marked as aquatic plants when they are not. Gotta watch the ferns. The anubias is great though!

Back
Top Bottom