uh o.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blueangel4730

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29g fw. Im wanting to plant it and have some aspogent already in it. Problem is I took wrong advice and only put a half inch of gravel. I now know I need 2 or 3 inches. I thought about cleaning my gravel and putting more gravel in but I know I will have some waste left, if I cover this waste what will happen?

Just clean it real good before you add more gravel, there's almost always crud stuck down in the gravel anyway

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't you not deeply clean gravel in a planted tank?

Not so deep you'll uproot the plants, but jet get all the crud off the top and as much as you can. Plus, I don't think it's heavily planted yet, right?

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't you not deeply clean gravel in a planted tank?

actually, yes and NO;)

no for sand;) this rule is mainly for sand;)

for gravel, either is fine depending on how much u feed

if u overfeed i would

for sand u only need to do it 2"-3" ABOVE the sand, so not touching......just to stir things lying there up

and plants will use up all the other "crud" and "stuff" down there as nutrients.

Its not real heavily planted yet but I have realized I dont have enough gravel for my roots. Waiting till next water change to add gravel

Back
Top Bottom