Water temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55gls

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I recently joined the site and have a 55 gallon tank running for about 8 weeks now had a few problems but all seems well for the moment! I know different fish like different water temps but what would the best temp for a planted community tank? I have running between 76 and 76.8

Thanks for the reply some how the temp was 82.6 when I got home last night! One of my kids must have turned the heater up and I had brought home four new fish! I brought it down through the night hopefully the don't get ick. I'm setting up a ten gallon later think I will use it as a quarantine tank

Thanks for the reply some how the temp was 82.6 when I got home last night! One of my kids must have turned the heater up and I had brought home four new fish! I brought it down through the night hopefully the don't get ick. I'm setting up a ten gallon later think I will use it as a quarantine tank

My tank is currently at 82* and I got lot fish in there, so far nobody's complaining.

My tank is currently at 82* and I got lot fish in there, so far nobody's complaining.

Just remember the higher the temp the less oxygen will move into the water. Also higher temps speed up the fish's metabolism making them need more oxygen. Make sure you have good water movement and or air stones to keep plenty of oxygen in the water specially at higher temps.

Just remember the higher the temp the less oxygen will move into the water. Also higher temps speed up the fish's metabolism making them need more oxygen. Make sure you have good water movement and or air stones to keep plenty of oxygen in the water specially at higher temps.

I got a lot of plants in my tank, oxigen is not a problem and got a lot of surface movement. The reason for this temp. I want to Iintroduce Discus in my tank. But soo far everyone's doing good.

New fish

Just set up a 10 gallon quarrentine tank natural Landscape with sand substrate play sand I bought at lowes draftwood I found on beach red shale from PA gravel from my 55 and plants question is what type of fish to put in it? Rams?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 62

On the contrary higher temps are used when treating ick...so long as you acclimated your fish properly you should be ok...I reccomend drip acclimating any new inhabitants before adding to the aquarium...safest way is to have a quarantine tank on the ready for such situations,allowing for time to see if the fish may well be carrying another whatsoever...

Back
Top Bottom