What do you think of my 30g Hex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocOc

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my 30G hex with way too many fish, including a 12"+ pleco who is heading off to Craig's List soon.
The plants are powered by a DIY CO2 system made from 2, 1 liter Erlenmeyer flasks, a tube and a powerhead.
I have an Aquaclear 70 filter augmented with a little filter floss for polishing up the water.
96W of PC Goodness

Maybe this should go in aquascaping, but comments on my layout are welcome.
30g.jpg

DocOc said:
This is my 30G hex with way too many fish, including a 12"+ pleco who is heading off to Craig's List soon.
The plants are powered by a DIY CO2 system made from 2, 1 liter Erlenmeyer flasks, a tube and a powerhead. And I have an Aquaclear 70 filter augmented with a little filter floss for polishing up the water.

Maybe this should go in aquascaping, but comments on my layout are welcome.

very nice.

do the flasks have the rubber stoppers and and glass tubes ta boot, LOL. pop bottle where just to easy for you, huh?

Your joking about the rubber stoppers, but they work very well with pop bottles - they can come pre-drilled and everything. I don't think there is a better option in DIY.

Thanks for the comments!

About the CO2: I got the flasks from the VWR sales rep at work (I'm in biotech) and, yes, I got the rubber stoppers on eBay for something like $1 each. What I like about the glass containers is that they can be very easily cleaned. I could, theoretically, put them in the autoclave at work! Good old pyrex.

As for the fish, I have more Mollies, Platies. and swordtails than I can handle, also:
two cories
two clown loaches
two siamese algae eaters
three glo-lite tetras
until about 30min. ago a 11" pleco (sold for $30 on Craigs list)

Unfortunately, that picture is a couple of weeks old. The anacharis in the back grew up and a bunch of duckweed covered the top. That reduced the light intensity and the plant in front started growing up to get it. It has become stalky and is losing its leaves. I cleaned out the plants that blocked the light, but it might be too late.

Back
Top Bottom