My current stocking on 75 Gallon - what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPA

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on my current stocking and future plans for my 75 gallon planted aquarium. Specifically, do I have too many fish, or plan to have too many fish? Any thoughts on fish I am choosing, etc.?

I know stocking levels depend on filter and water change schedule. I have a Fluval Fx6 running at about 75% power, and do weekly 30% water changes.

Here is my current stocking:
* 12 Nerite Snails (but might remove b/c laying eggs everywhere)
* 8 Rummy Nose Tetras
* 9 Sterbai Corys

My planned stocking:
* 8 - 10 Threadfin Rainbows
* 2 or 4 German Blue Rams

Thanks!

They look better and act better the more you have.

Threadfins are super tiny which looks awesome in a larger tanks with lots of them

I appreciate the input. I didn't realize threadfins were so small.

I was trying to decide between threadfins and Boeseman/Turqois Rainbows. if I were to get a small group of threadfin (10) how many of the other Rainbowfish do you think the tank would handle?

I appreciate the input. I didn't realize threadfins were so small.

I was trying to decide between threadfins and Boeseman/Turqois Rainbows. if I were to get a small group of threadfin (10) how many of the other Rainbowfish do you think the tank would handle?

6 - 10 Boeseman get 100 X larger than threadfins.

They look better and act better the more you have.

Threadfins are super tiny which looks awesome in a larger tanks with lots of them

I just saw them in person for the first time. They are super tiny, you weren't kidding.

Even with a spray bar I thought the current was a bit too much for the fish. But I could be wrong, they could have just been adapting.
If it's "pushing" them around the tank then it's too much. You could also point the spray bar at the back of your tank and turn it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom