What fert system shoud i use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to buy some dry ferts soon but don't know what one to buy EI or PPS-PRO. I have a 55gallon aquarium lights are 4xT5ho 54w 6500k daylight bulbs and I do run CO2

They are both about the same in terms of effectiveness. The only difference tends to come down to philosophical differences in the hobby. I prefer EI for its simplicity and because it completely eliminates the possibility of deficiencies and the need for regular testing. The WC demand isn't really a bid deal in my opinion because the advent of water changers has had even large WCs trivial in effort.

I'm sure others will pop in with their experiences with PPS as well.

IMPO I reccomend pps pro. (and ill bring up the philosophical differences aqua mentioned) Due to the whole overdosing of ferts to prevent deficiencies. I enjoy the fact that you can only dose what the plants actually need that way If I do have problems I can learn abou them first hand. Yeah you gotta test phos and nitrate weekly and keep a log but once you get your tank balanced its not that bad. I still do weekly 50% changes with pps but that's what I was doing anyways even before I started dosing. I can't comment much about ei because I haven't done it but from what my research and advice from a plant queen has taught me I felt pps would be better for me in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom