What plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What plantscan i get with about 1.5 watts per gallon?

Any low light plants like:
Anubias
Java fern
Java moss
moss balls
Crypts

If u want a bigger list just search for low light plants and you'll see what you can get.

I'm thinking these plants. Will they work?
Java Moss
Anubias
Hornwort
Corscrew Val
Guppy Grass
Parrot Grass
Crypt
Dwarf Sag

I've narrowed it a bit. No cambomba or Green Hygro
Any others that won't work

It probably would but if you use it be sure to add a root tab, same as you would with any crypts or swords you plant as all are heavy root feeders.

It probably would but if you use it be sure to add a root tab, same as you would with any crypts or swords you plant as all are heavy root feeders.

So all plants on my list will work with root tabs?

No some will still need or benefit from a water fertilizer such as Seachem Flourish Comprehensive.

How many per plant or area?
Also, is guppy grass a midground plant?
And can you split the Dwarf Sag and plant it somewhere else and grow more?

How many per plant or area?
Also, is guppy grass a midground plant?

Just one per plant or area unless it's a very big plant (like a large sword or crypt) or one per area unless you have a large grouping.

Yes, you can split Dwarf Sag and plant it in other plants. I'd also use the guppy grass more mid-ground.

Just one per plant or area unless it's a very big plant (like a large sword or crypt) or one per area unless you have a large grouping.

Yes, you can split Dwarf Sag and plant it in other plants. I'd also use the guppy grass more mid-ground.

Is guppy grass the same as hornwort?

Dwarf sag will produce runners and baby plants will grow around the bigger plants. Splitting them is not necessary. It will eventually cover the whole bottom of your tank.

Dwarf sag will produce runners and baby plants will grow around the bigger plants. Splitting them is not necessary. It will eventually cover the whole bottom of your tank.

Ok thankyou

Back
Top Bottom