What test kits for a planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have the API Master Test Kit, but since it only tests nitrogen and pH. What do I need to check iron, kH, gH, etc.? Where do I find it?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

For the planted tank the API Master test kit that is pH, Ammo, Nitrite & Nitrate. Then get the Phosphate kit. Next get the gh/kh kit. Most people don't use an Iron test kit. OS.

Those are all nice to have. But honestly the only two I use anymore is the phosphate and the nitrate test kit.

That's because after you used all those nice to have tests, you found the parameters that vary the most from WC to WC and at what rate for your situation. Wouldn't you agree all aquarists who are serious about fish AND planted tanks should pursue the same latitudes?
OS.

That's because after you used all those nice to have tests, you found the parameters that vary the most from WC to WC and at what rate for your situation. Wouldn't you agree all aquarists who are serious about fish AND planted tanks should pursue the same latitudes?
OS.

Nothing bad can happen with parameters if you check the regularly so yes, it's good practice to test for everything. Personally though, I find it tedious and unnecessary to test for everything. This will entirely depend on an individuals water supply though.

Also, something I've heard of people doing (including me) is we test until we see what the levels are doing. Once we know our levels, we may put the test kit away and just change the water periodically unless we "suspect something." Still our test kits tell us what we need to do.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom