What to ask Santa for;

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mousemommy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448424369.771332.jpg
So, I really like my Marineland portrait 5g, and of course so far I've upgraded everything BUT the light.
I like LEDs for the lack of heat, energy saving and the blue colored light option - white fish, blue light, glass of wine and jazz is way better than tv!
As you can see, it does OK with some low light plants and mosses, but I'm planning a re-scapeing event this weekend. These are what I foolishly purchased to cover the background.
Santa is bringing me some root tabs because the Excel is OK and helped with my brown diatoms, but I'd like better growth.

Note to those who suggest CO2- all in good time my friends- just not now and not in this tank.
Any suggestions?

I don't know why they call it a hobby ~ it's an addiction ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448425703.144973.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448425723.720477.jpg
These are what I've been looking at........

Finnex stingray LED, rig up a DIY co2 system. And with all the money you saved on the lights go get some hardscape or brightwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the info. This is what I think I'll ask Santa for ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448512937.461598.jpg
It looks pretty much the same, but it has the blue option I really enjoy. I've been researching the DYI CO2 systems. If they're really as easy as 3 old water bottles and some yeast mixture- I think I can do that.

Thanks again for the feedback, sorry it took so long to reply. This App keeps crashing on me.

I do DIY Co2 with 2. Old 2ltr bottles. Works great.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom