What type of fish won't eat my plants?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashton_MT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey eveyryone ! I need advice on what type of fish i can get that wont eat all of my plants. I was thinking Discus at first but the PH of my water is too high and I hear they are sensitive fish. I find that chemicals dont work to lower my PH and the driftwood I have is still soaking. So oscars will destroy them as well as cichlids. and I would prefer not having any fish like mollies or guppies. Do I have any options? Ps I have a 55Gal.

I have tetras, rummy noses, glo lite, neons, and as center piece I have discus and rams. Definitely rams. German blue rams or Bolivian are good with plants.

gouramis, angelfish, rams, apistos, kribs, severum, festivum, acara, discus, small sunfish species, dwarf cichlids, barbs, loaches, rasboras, danios, corydoras, ottocinclus, white clouds, killiefish, betta and some tetras

gouramis, angelfish, rams, apistos, kribs, severum, festivum, acara, discus, small sunfish species, dwarf cichlids, barbs, loaches, rasboras, danios, corydoras, ottocinclus, white clouds, killiefish, betta and some tetras

Many of there species nibble on plants. Rams, apistos, kribs, rasboras, cory's, white clouds, oto's, danios, betta's, threadfin rainbows,and a few tetra species are plant safe as are alot of other species. Along with Discus. Many barbs and tetra species are plant nibblers, angels are, loaches can do plant damage more so than plant nibbling, so you get the picture.

You can also lower your Ph/Kh/Gh by using RO water and tap water during WC's.

Back
Top Bottom