Which Fertilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solsong

Aquarium Advice Newbie
For those of you in the US, which fertilizer would you recommend in a planted tank?

I have a 10 gallon tank with one betta fish and two snails in it. There are two anubias (one tall and one short); two lacey java ferns; one regular java fern; and one itty-bitty java fern baby that had tarantula sized roots that were weighing down the regular one, so I clipped it, put it on a rock, tossed it back in the water, and figured it will grow or it won't; I haven't noticed any growth, but it's not dying either. The tank has a auto heater and filter. Within the past 5 days, there's the addition of a bubbler on a very gentle flow. I added it to give the fish something to play with, but it has the added benefit of adding some additional oxygen to the water.

To date, I had just been buying Aqueon Aquarium Plant Food (0-0-1) from my local pet store. I noticed I was getting some yellowing leaves on the tall anubias (oddly the short one looks great and is even producing new growth); the yellow reminded me of overwatered houseplants. I also noticed some black spotting happening on my lacey java ferns; though, my normal java fern looks great and is even producing non-stop babies. My nitrate and nitrite levels in the tank are fine.

I went to the local petco and bought Seachem Flourish (states it's 0.07-0.01-0.37 but has a bunch of other stuff in it). I'm a bit hesitant to use it since it has nitrogen in it, and I don't want to mess with the nitrate levels. My tank parameters are perfect for the fish. That said, I think I should feed these plants something...what would you all recommend?

Seachum flourite!!!! Or something similar to it like the fluval version. I will never regret going with it, and i’ll be using over 90lb’s of it in my next tank.
Not sure if I can post pictures on here but If I can i’ll show you my 16g with it

Attachments

• 84D0C1DD-D2CA-4298-9455-862B15E1E7CB.jpg
    84D0C1DD-D2CA-4298-9455-862B15E1E7CB.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom