Which plant food is best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nugget

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a 220 litre tank (200l with all the substrate etc. in it - pic attached but not very good) As you can see I am trying to plant it up. It has a substrate of very fine white sand, bog wood, pressurised co2, and two T5 (1white, 1pink) lamps. Could someone recommend a decent liquid plant food fertiliser to use please? :ermm: PS the fern at the centre back of the tank is just the backing picture.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 60
Most popular liquid combo is Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone. Also because you have an inert substrate look into some root tabs for heavy root feeding plants like swords and crypts.

:thanks: that's great, thanks for quick response, have just placed an order :)

Thanks Sillyfishes, have just googled that and sounds really interesting, will do a bit more research on it. Must say i'm loving my aquarium and all that goes with it but must make sure I don't get issued with divorce papers if I don't start paying the husband as much attention!:rolleyes:

I don't think you have enough light for pressurized co2 and PPS Pro/EI dosing. Well, actually, those can both be managed, but what I mean is it would be beneficial to upgrade your lighting system, so you can grow more, higher light plants.

I don't think you have enough light for pressurized co2 and PPS Pro/EI dosing. Well, actually, those can both be managed, but what I mean is it would be beneficial to upgrade your lighting system, so you can grow more, higher light plants.

Have been looking up the led's but at £160 a lamp it won't be for a while! Not that I'm saying never, mind you :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom