Which type of moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruschy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I would like to partially carpet my tank with a moss or other carpet like plant. I have 7 white cloud mountain minnows and one small fancy goldfish in a freshwater tank that is not heated but is normally running at 21'C - 22'C. The only live plant I have at the moment is a java fern that I am encouraging to grow on a piece of driftwood. My PH is around 7.2 - 7 and I would like some advice for a carpet moss that is hardy enough to withstand my goldie but will grow with just a little fertiliser added but not have to add CO2. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance,
Ant

What type of lights and what size tank (the height is what's needed) do you have?

Fishkeeper26 said:
What type of lights and what size tank (the height is what's needed) do you have?

I have a juwel vio (30L) with just the basic light and filter (with part nitrate removing and carbon sponge) setup that came with it. I plan to upgrade to a larger tank when I move house in about two months time and move my goldie and 4 of my minnows into it. A long term plan is to use my juwel vio as a shrimp only tank. Is growing carpet moss a realistic option in this tank?
Ant

It's a possibly with moss, what kind of light is it? (incandescent or fluorescent)

Fishkeeper26 said:
It's a possibly with moss, what kind of light is it? (incandescent or fluorescent)

I believe it is a fluorescent 15w light.

Try java moss I have it if you look on YouTube there are a lot of ways to make a carpet with it. It also requires low to medium light and will grow good at 22 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom