Working Around the Center Brace with Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I am sure I am not the only one that encountered this but how do you guys get around the top center brace of your aquarium and the plant lighting? Mine is pretty wide, and consumes 3 of 29 High Output LED's ~10% loss.

Suggestions?

Get 2 separate lights that rest on the cb rather than a full length rig. I'm guessing you'd rather keep the light you have so maybe tailor the scape to the shaded spots or *** supplemental lighting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aesthetics.. a shade spot would bug me for sure!

picky picky ;)

the shade spot should be almost non existent so long as the led lenses are wide enough and if the unit is a little higher off the aquarium it will also help.

I only see the shade spot looking straight up from the bottom (strip down the middle is visible), it does not really show on the decor or plants it seems to disperse cleanly through the tank.

I guess its really just losing that extra 10% that bugs me. I figured my only option was to buy another LED and run them at the same time; slide 1 to the left, and the other to the far right, but at $170 for a 2nd light....

Visual of how wide.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424707504306.jpg
    1424707504306.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 77
i dont see an issue, if you dont see shade just leave it. your gonna have to dose especially when the plants fill in

i dont see an issue, if you dont see shade just leave it. your gonna have to dose especially when the plants fill in

Dose = Fert? If so, I already do that every 3 days

Or does "dose" mean something else in the plant world (still very new to this)

Looks ok to me.. if that's a current sat plus than were not talking major power to begin with..

Don't sweat it;)

You have that turned down i hope??

No I don't, I am already loosing the Anacharas. The base is turning light green, I believe its because of this big piece of driftwood blocking some of the light to the bottom of the plant. Its a 2ft deep tank :(

So tonight I am going to relocate this piece of decor to the larger tank, and pick up something smaller for this aquarium so there should be no light obstruction.

Some anarchis won't do well.being planted, suction cup it.to.the glass. Get that down to 50% or you'll have major algae woes sooner than later..

Probably just the whites.. can you post a pic of control?

Controller

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424727627902.jpg
    1424727627902.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 55
Same as mine! Try this. Orange button-whites down 4 clicks - blues down 2 clicks - greens down 2- reds all the way up!

Back
Top Bottom