German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am a newbie on this site so I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section. Anyways I have just setup a new tank and have been slowly been adding fish to it. I am planning later on to add a male/female pair of GBR's once the tank has established and I have added all the fish I will add besides them. Ik that the fish will be compatible, but I am up in the air about the pH for the German Blue Rams. Ik they like a pH of 6.0 to 7.0 but I have seen that some people just say they acclimate them slowly to their water and the fish are fine. I have a stable 7.4 pH I have monitored it and it doesn't fluctuate. I was wondering as long as I acclimate the German Blue Rams slowly and that the pH doesn't fluctuate and stays at 7.4 will they be ok?

They should be fine , make sure to pick good stock and keep the water pristine. They're great fish, can be a short lived pet due to poor breeding though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As brookster points out above the biggest issue is finding good quality stock to begin with. I would recommend asking your LFS how long they had the fish and ensure they have been there for at least two weeks and are still looking healthy.

Back
Top Bottom