80g brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
So here's the start of our 80g brackish. Added some plants, a few mollies and
other decor, no where near completed.

Attachments

• img_1060.jpg
    img_1060.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 89
That would be what is considered the prehistoric dragon goby right... HAHA not the dragon goby(saltwater)... P.S. The tank looks nice!!!!

Yep, the fw prehistoric one. I've been wanting a tank for one for a long time now. Finally got it going :)

Will be ordering more plants this weekend, I'm going with red jungle val and green jungle val like I already have, then mix in a few javas, anubias and banana plants.

Looks nice. Like the oriental theme. Any more oriental decor going into the tank?

*EDIT*
Might want to update your my tanks section.

Thanks.

I can't find any thing else I like so now it's just adding plants, then the fish, then get everyone slowly acclimated to brackish.

Etunes,

Thanks for those links. I want something like those but I want them white like the 2 dragon bubblers I have. I have a black/white oriental theme planned. Sadly most everything I've found has color. Ugh!!

I had looked at plants too but none of them would hold up well under brackish conditions. I figure the vals add a nice grassy touch. I have also thought about a few tiger lotus in there. According to aquariumplants. com they can go brac.

So here's a little more info on what we're using in that tank and what we plan. It has already cycled. We kept the filter it came with (the fluval) and have had it running since we set it back up.

filter: Fluval 404
substrate: 3M black color quartz T grade
lighting: heck if I know but it came with 2 light strips. Both are power compact, no idea on wattage (I'm so not up to date on that crap but it lights up the gravel well)

Ideas:

We're going to turn this tank brackish, slowly, after we have all the critters and plants in place. This way everyone acclimates together.

1 Dragon Goby
4 bumblebee gobys
4 knight gobys
different types of mollies

plants: Vallisneria gigantea (jungle val), dark red and green versions. Tiger lotus (red), banana plants, water sprite, java ferns and moss, anubias, and dwarf sag for foreground.

We have a black and white oriental theme in mind. If anyone has any links to white oriental aquarium decor, PLEASE hit me with them :)

Be careful were you get ALL your gobies. Because if they were originally in brackish water in the first place (or suppost to be). So you need to get some history on the fish you buy, to see whether they were in brackish water from were you bought them from in the first place. Because you don't want to take a goby out of a brackish tank then acclimating it to a freshwater tank, then acclimating back to brackish water. That would be way to much stress on the fish. Also when you get the bumblebee gobies you need to watch them with your mollies because they have nipping tendencies and they may nip at the mollies fins. They might not just keep an eye on them.

Honestly, i was considering getting one but changes my mind since i have never seen 1 here but they do need a good amount of room to "skip" on. I read that some peoples spend a good 40% of the time out of the water. And they are surprisingly fast on land.

Back
Top Bottom