Away for 4 days, What food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxalina1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im going away for 4 days and it's the first time I,ve left them. I have heard holiday blocks are no good so please could someone suggest a good food source I could give while im away.

They will be fine for four days without food. Feed before you leave, don't over feed, and feed them on your return.

:welcome to AA!(y)

Unless you have fry that require constant feeding ... Don't concern yourself about feeding while your gone. The above advice from Ocean will do fine.

They will be fine for four days without food. Feed before you leave, don't over feed, and feed them on your return.

+1 to this. Most fish would be fine being left alone for a week. Those vacation feeders are horrible for the water quality. Not feeding the fish forces them to scavenge in the tank and actually helps get rid of uneaten food. Fasting helps regulate their digestive system, so that helps make for a healthier fish too.

Like ocean said... feed before you leave, feed right when you get home. They should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom