Cherry Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

merangue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has anyone had problems with cherry shrimp in the same tank as platys, rainbow shiners and zebra danios, all in a temperate 190L tank. Want to get Cherry shrimp but have been told they will be eaten by the other fish?

I don't keep shrimp, so I'm just throwing out my experience otherwise. I've found that most or all fish will eat anything remotely like food that'll fit in their mouths

I don't keep shrimp, so I'm just throwing out my experience otherwise. I've found that most or all fish will eat anything remotely like food that'll fit in their mouths
+1 on that. It if fits in a fishes mouth, it is food.

Well, like everyone says, most fish will eat anything that fits in its mouth. That being said, cherry shrimp get about 1” long at most which will probably be too big for most of the fish you have there (depending on the size of your platies, I only say that because I’ve seen platies that were 4 or 5” long and about as round as a large goldfish). I would test the fish with some ghost shrimp or something like that to see how they react. They might be fine in which case you can trade the ghosts for some cherry’s. Also, providing plenty of hiding spaces would be key to allowing them to cohabitate well with little to no fighting (or eating). Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom