Exotic invertbrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertleepatton

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 20 gal tank no problems been fully cycled I change my filters regularly I have 4 mollies a betta ploceo Cory cats and snails with shrimp and a dragon fish I kinda want some cool exotic shrimp or crayfish any ideas I will be upgrading my tank soon do any ideas? Please!

robertleepatton said:
Have a 20 gal tank no problems been fully cycled I change my filters regularly I have 4 mollies a betta ploceo Cory cats and snails with shrimp and a dragon fish I kinda want some cool exotic shrimp or crayfish any ideas I will be upgrading my tank soon do any ideas? Please!

Nothing that will live with your fish.

You never did say what species your " Dragon Fish" is ???

So if it is a Dragon Goby, I doubt Shrimp or small Crays would live. Plus still overstocked.

Bigger Crayfish would kill your fish.

Dragon gobys are brackish water fish. Yes, they can be in FW, but they don't last long. A little known fact about them: they are wild caught in BW then thrown into fresh by the folks who catch them. And I mean literally thrown into fresh, no acclimation or anything. IF they survive, then they get shipped out. Once shipped out, they are again placed into the wrong type of water. They will start sloughing off their slime coat and become more vulnerable to disease.

Also, the goby will eat smaller shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom