Finally Some Pictures! New Aquisitions for My Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright guys, some of this stuff is "new" vice NEW because I lost my link cord, but someone finally let me borrow theres! So, fish first:

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Powder Blue Tang
Size: 4"
Aquired: October
Source: LFS

IMG_0929.jpg

Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Size: 2"
Aquired: November

IMG_0932.jpg

Ocellaris Clowns (tank bred)
Size: 2" and 1"
Aquaired: October

IMG_0933.jpg

Talbot Damsels (2)
Size: 1.5" amd 1.5"
Aquired: January

And now for the newer stuff, CORAL!!!

IMG_0912.jpg

Hammer Coral (wall)
Size: 5"
Aquired: November
Sourse: LFS

IMG_0915.jpg

Brain Coral
Size: 3"
Source: Online (Pacific East Aquaculture)

Anemone Crab
Size: .5"
Aquired: TODAY!

IMG_0930.jpg

Chalice Coral (teal with yellow polyps)
Source: Online (Pacific East Aquaculture)

IMG_0917.jpg

Bubble Tip Anemone!!!
Aquired: TODAY!

I am really excited about all these. Tha anemone is what inspired me to finally get a camera. I actually saw this one and RTBA last week but they had just got them in at the LFS and I wanted to let them sit so I knew they were healthy. "Lucky" the RTBA was gone because it was beautiful and $200. This one was still there and only $40 and was fully inflated with an intact base, so now it is mine!

Yeah I know, call the cops!

It was normally $84.00, but I got him on sail for $45.

Seriously though, I didn't quite understand the requirements when I got him, the LFS said minimum 70 and I had a 65 so whats the difference right. When browsing online later and after enduring the inevitable online abuse, I realize the going wisdom is 100 gallons minimum. You know what though? As the picks clearly show (taken today) his is healthy and energetic, so until he causes problems or looks unhealthy I will leave him in his happy home! ;)

BTW, I also have two acans and two zoas coming in the mail Saturday!

Well, some of my other aquistions decided to come and play

IMG_0939.jpg

Dedro
Size: .5" three heads
Source: Online (Pacific East Aquaculture

IMG_0942.jpg

Turbanista Sun Coral
Size: 4" 15 heads
Source: Online (Vivid Aquariums)

IMG_0935.jpg

And a full tank shot for reference!

That's a beautiful tank. It'll be even better once those corals grow out and fill in even more color. :) Nicely done.

Thanks!

Yeah it will be a long hard wait but I think I have a good mix of colors/shapes for when everything is settled and grown. I am pretty much done with my aquisitions for the most part. I am sure that a random coral or two will snag my eye but we are all succeptable to that!

The two acans and two zoas I got Satureday are awesome, I will try and get some pics up soon.

Yeah, he has great color and awsome inflation. I have not gotten him to take food, but he basks in my lighting (he hids in a crevice at night and comes out when the lights are turned on).

I have heard people keeping anemones nd barely having to feed them, should I be worried about it not taking food?

I had one for a yr or two. I got rid of it because my clowns ignored it for corals. I never fed mine. I feel like they get what they need from the lighting and water column and if clowns are hosting it then they will feed it also.

Well, if yours lasted for two years without feeding then I suppose mine can handle a week! My clowns are tank bred so I doubt they will ever host the BTA (thought the male hangs around my hammer a lot), but I think they are interesting animals in their own right. In fact, many a visitor immediately ask me where the anemone is totally ignoring my corals, as if it is assumed that I must have one.

Well, if yours lasted for two years without feeding then I suppose mine can handle a week! My clowns are tank bred so I doubt they will ever host the BTA (thought the male hangs around my hammer a lot), but I think they are interesting animals in their own right. In fact, many a visitor immediately ask me where the anemone is totally ignoring my corals, as if it is assumed that I must have one.
The Kole tang looks cool!:D

At first no. The second I dropped the Kole in the PBT was all over him. I had anticipated this, normally I wouldn't have added a Kole after a PBT but I bought the Kole at a ridiculous one day sale price to replace the PBT and I just hadn't found the PBT a new home yet.

So, what I did was suspend a hand held mirror up to the inside of the tank glass. the PBT say its own reflection and was so pissed at it that it forgot the Kole even existed. I let the PBT beat itself up against the mirror for a few hours and when I removed it he still didn't care about the Kole.

Since then they have been best friends (three months now), the Kole shadows the PBTs evert move now. The only time I see slight aggression is if they are both feeding off the same nori clip, I use two clips on opposite sides of the tank for this reason but like I said the Kole is the PBT's shadow so the normally end up eating off the same one.

Beatiful PBT, Nice idea with the mirror I would have never thought of that. Good luck with the PBT and the Kole.

Back
Top Bottom