Is this 240 a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am buying this tank from craigslist. You can see that it was advertised for $1500, but I am getting it for $800 with everything included. What do you think?

HUGE Fish Tank

I am pretty excited about it, my wife on the other hand, not so much. I already have a 28G, 115G and a 140G.

I think that's an awesome deal. Good luck moving it. I'd suggest 6 guys (one on each corner and two in the middle).

I am thinking of hiring a moving company to move it, depending on the price. I am an eheim and Rena filter guy. Am curious to check out the FX5.

Personally, I would go with a half-dozen friends who will accept pizza as payment (my typical fee for helping people move). Or do you need to rent a truck to move it?

Was I the only one who briefly wondered what a 'plycho' was?

A while back, someone in my department was moving and hoping to get rid of her 10gal tank and the two fish, posting a picture but saying nothing about the fish. I emailed her that I could take the fish so she could at least break the tank down (which I think scared her) and said that the pleco would be good for my tank. When I picked the fish up, she informed me with much authority that it wasn't a pleco, it was a 'sucker fish'. It was harder than usual to keep my mouth shut!

Regardless, congrats on the deal!

I think the most important question here is what are you doing with it? I know you're an african guy, but have you thought of branching out in to the green world?

Oh, and a plyco is a crazy pleco btw

gooddeal...i have room for one more 6-8ft(always..lol)...the filters are pricey too(fx5!)...what kind of lights are under that nice canopy? very nice and being 8ft you will have to think about your move, wisely.i s it drilled?or you gonna plant it out?

The unit has 2 36" t12 6700K lights. I think they will be fine. I am replacing my 115 gallon with the 240. So, I will be moving my cichlids from the 115 into it. I have a friend that is in the moving business and he is getting his work truck and a couple of friends and they are going to move it for $50. I think that is a great price and they are professional movers. It is not drilled and I dont think I will plant, due to the cichlids being famous for eating and digging up plants. I cant even keep the fake ones planted!

Keepin the fish

Out of curiosity, are you keeping his fish as well?

I like the fish that he has. I am planning on keeping them, depending on how they get along with the ones that I am transferring into it. If they get along I will keep them all.

Wow lucky 50 bucks is cheap, would cost more than that in beer and pizza to get my friends to do it. i just upgraded to a 120 and that i was styling but now i am jealous of the 240.

I like the fish that he has. I am planning on keeping them, depending on how they get along with the ones that I am transferring into it. If they get along I will keep them all.

Cool, I thought it seemed like his was pretty lightly-stocked, so you'd likely have room for both yours and his together. Has he said why he's getting rid of it? May be even more jealous of him if he's upgrading!

I may not fully belong on this forum, I keep thinking about the other turtles that I could get and the awesome basking area(s) I could build if I had a 240!

He owns a company here in Vegas that is suffering from the economy and will probably be moving into another smaller house. Dont think he is planning another for a while.

Great deal but that will be sooooooo heavy. It is really pretty. I like the wood.

from, Adam

Back
Top Bottom