Malaysian drift wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aromero2010

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a piece of driftwood that I want to put in my tank. What process do I need to take to put this in my tank?

image-3027737431.jpg

image-2100027874.jpg

I don't have a pot big enough to put it in.! -__-
I have it soaking in water I hear that can take like 2 weeks

Aromero2010 said:
I don't have a pot big enough to put it in.! -__-
I have it soaking in water I hear that can take like 2 weeks

You can run it through an empty dishwasher on high temp setting with no detergent. Been done by a few members, though I recommend at least two trips. Boiling is more for it to release tannins ... Most dishwashers can get the water temps nearly that high, plus it'll help sterilize it. I'm assuming it already sinks?

No it doesn't sink yet I go off eBay the seller said it did sink but he had to dry it out to ship it.

Aromero2010 said:
No it doesn't sink yet I go off eBay the seller said it did sink but he had to dry it out to ship it.

Ahhh ... Well then a few runs in a dishwasher will help open up pores to get it water logged... You may need to put some slate or other rocks on it to pin it to the bottom. I've never been a big fan of screwing one to a piece of slate like an anchor ... Limits the positions you can put the DW.

I just soak mine in the basement washtub or one of those $5 rubbermaid containers. Change the water daily.

It takes longer (week or two), but I don't have to sit and watch a giant boiling pot for hours on end.

I actually have it in the dish washer right now its on its second cycle!Lol but before i had it in water for about a day

Thanks bought it on eBay I think it'll look nice in my tank did like 5 cycles in the dish washer! Lol soaking in water any idea how long it might take sink, kinda eager to put it In my tank!

Back
Top Bottom