New catfish and barbs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I haven't bought new fish for ages, and on the weekend my boyfriend took me fish shopping! YEY!!

We had previously bought 4 pepper cories for our 28gal, but our big old mean CAE killed 3 of them (we think). So, off he went to a friend's big-fish tank, and we got 3 more peppers.

img_820850_0_b8f560e3493a80050e2447db36dca6b8.jpg

Also got a teeny tiny bristlenose for the same tank, to replace the CAE as an algae eater. He wasn't very good, anyway, but the little bristlenose is enthusiastically getting into it already :) We, uh, also got some watermarks on the glass... :D

img_820850_1_850600e28f9fc9ff02bfe9b3f7194396.jpg

And lastly, for my 50gal tank, we got the most beautiful fish I've ever seen at the fish shop - odessa barbs! I can't believe I've never noticed these on the web, but I always thought I wasn't a barb person. I've certainly never seen them in shops before. But boy oh boy are they stunning! They're insanely quick, so I couldn't get a pic, but here's a short video of my most colourful male!

Cute cory! And the Odessa Barbs are really pretty! I've never seen them other than in website photos (which could be altered), so its nice to see what they really look like in a tank. :)

i am so, so impressed with the odessa barbs. keep in mind that that vid was taken on the day i got him, so he'll likely colour up even further. they're absolutely stunning, a showpiece fish if ever i saw one. they actually remind me a lot of german blue rams, except in a red colouration. they have similar black markings, and a similar iridescence. but boy are they easier to keep! i am completely taken with them.

Back
Top Bottom